Monday, September 10, 2012

From Breakfast to Prostitutes

As I sit here getting ready to go to my second lecture for "The Local and Global Complexity of Prostitution" (yes it's 8:30 in the morning), I can't help but get sucked into a quick blog post. Last week this was my favorite class! I mean....can you blame me?

My professor lecturing on our first topic for discussion - "WHORE"
I quickly snuck a picture on my iPhone!

My beautiful new school!!

My two (lovely and very eccentric) professors began the first class session by showing the Nikki Minaj music video "Stupid Hoe." We then proceeded to analyze the use and meaning behind the word "hoe" for... I dont know, a good 60 minutes? Later this semester we get to hear the perspectives on prostitution from 2 special guests. The first: a prostitute herself! And the second? A male client. I can already tell I'm going to love this class!

In case you haven't seen the wonderfully eloquent and sophisticated music video for "Stupid Hoe," I've  posted it below. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment